Thursday 10 February 2011

attaching the birds to the rocket

I've almost finished the jet pack now, I'm going to screw the rocket to a back plate and then the birds to the back plate.
going to surform the birds sides so that they fit snuggly onto the rocket

using a curved surform I made the profile of the rocket

I then set out to making the backplate
I've design the shape of this to give enough strength but to minimise weight and space. I also gave it a stylish flair so it doesnt stick out from the jet pack design

just placed the back plate over the rocket and birds to see where to attach it

I first screwed the rocket to the backplate as that is the center piece and the birds would attach to that

screwed the birds on with some long screws, I used three to optimise strength as the foam and plaster isnt really a strong material to screw into.

view from the top of the jetpack, this is looking pretty good now

because the foam and plaster isn't ideal to screw into im applying a few layers of fibreglass to strengthen the part im screwing into

im going to leave it over night to set then i'll sand it and re drill the holes tomorrow

I probably should have taken a few more pictures to explain what this is, the fire extinguisher is on a wall mount like this

image 170
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fire+extinguisher+mounting+bracket&view=detail&id=AB2DB8DB95EC90D15C57847FB9310F4B17DBFF9F&first=1&FORM=IDFRIR the bracket I have has three holes for screws to mount it to a wall or inside the rocket, but I couldnt get a screw driver in the tube to screw it in, so I drill holes in line with the mounting bracket, then I screwed the bracket on and filled the drilled holes back in with car body filler, i'll sand it back to the surface of the rocket to hide to holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment